Throughout the Design Phase, AMG’s engineers and designers advance the preliminary engineering basis into construction documents, leveraging experience and knowledge gained over thousands of industrial facility projects to develop detailed engineering packages that are practical and cost effective to construct.
The latest technology and proven techniques to provide timely and accurate drawings, specifications, and other design documentation. The team’s approach to design and engineering promotes cost effective procurement, efficient construction, streamlined commissioning and start-up, and efficient operations.
How We Design and Engineer Your Facility or Project
In the Design Phase of the project, the ideas that were solidified in the Concept Phase are fully refined and converted into construction documents.
Depending on the project scope, the Design Phase can involve any one of, or all of the engineering disciplines as outlined below:
- Mass and energy balances
- Equipment sizing & specifications
- Process Flow Diagrams and P&IDs
- Process control narratives, and much more
- Building Systems Design (HVAC, Etc.) and plant general arrangements
- Specialty Machine & mechanism design
- Finite Element Analysis, vapor duct analysis, and support design
- Material Handling system design, and much more
- Foundation System design
- Structural Steel & Building Design
- Equipment Support Structure Design
- Industrial Architectural Systems design, and much more
- Pipe line sizing, pressure drop and network analysis
- 3D Piping Modeling, orthographic and fabrication Isometric Development
- Specialty Piping, Sterile and Aseptic Systems, Pigging Systems, etc.
- Thermal pipe stress analysis and support design, and more
- Electrical System Load Studies, Short Circuit Analysis, Breaker and Fuse Cooridination
- Electrical Grounding Systems
- Power Distribution System Design
- Motor Control system design, and more
- Instrument device specification and selection
- Control System Architecture development and design
- PLC, DCS component and system specification, selection, and panel design
- HMI and SCADA Programming and Integration, and more
The Design Phase allows you to see your idea come to life. Outside-the-box thinking comes naturally to our designers, creating innovative, yet practical designs. The Design Phase is also where construction cost decisions are made, from the type and size of pumps and valves, to the yards of concrete and tons of steel – you want a partner that will work with you to spend your money wisely.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Want to learn more about design phase services?
Reach out to our team.