The Concept phase of a project is where your ideas are nurtured from first thought into a viable project. Our engineers will work with you to refine your ideas and concepts, document them through drawings and calculations, estimate the capital and operating costs, and establish a timeline to get your project to the finish line.
How We Bring Your Concept to Reality
Whether or not your company follows a structured Front End Load Loading (FEL) process, AMG has developed the tools and methods to help advance your project from feasibility through to final approval.
The Concept Phase can generally be divided into 3 stages of increasing levels of definition with typical corresponding deliverables as follows below.
During the FEL-1 stage, AMG determines the economic viability of a conceptual project before more expensive, detailed engineering is put into action—identifying potential risks, considerations, and approaches to form the initial capital projection and ROI analysis.
- Preliminary Process Flow Diagrams
- Preliminary Layouts
- Preliminary Equipment Cost
- Preliminary Factored Cost Estimated +/- 30%
- Construction Type Evaluation
- Strategic Business Assessment
- ProForma (ROI Justification)
- Location/Site Logistics Studies
- Preliminary Project Schedule
During the FEL-2 stage, AMG works to gather additional information to support a preliminary cost estimate for the project. This stage includes identifying and refining process flows, major equipment, and layout considerations.
- Preliminary Mass and Energy Balances
- Preliminary Process and Instrumentation Diagrams (P&IDs)
- Preliminary Equipment Sizing & Specifications
- Refined Project Schedule
- Refined Project Cost Estimates +/- 20%
- Overall Project Execution Strategy
- Permitting & Compliance Planning
- Updated Operating Cost/Proforma Refinement
During the FEL-3 stage, AMG and project executives refine preliminary estimates and plans into a realistic project definition, accurate capital estimate, and ROI-justification, which can be leveraged to secure Project Authorization.
- Refined Mass and Energy Balances
- Finalized Utility Flow Diagrams
- Detailed P&ID’s
- Equipment Specifications and Lists
- Preliminary Instruments Specifications and Lists
- Basic Electrical Single Line Diagrams
- Pre-Design Process HAZOP Analysis
- Detailed EPC Project Schedule
- General Arrangement Drawings (Layouts)
- Site Plans/Plot Plans
- Final Cost Estimate +/- 10%
- Environment Permit Application Submittal
- Commissioning, And Startup Plans]
- Project Execution Plan
Free Consultation with an Expert
The Concept Phase of a project becomes the foundation for all that follows; it must be sound. We bring innovative, practical, and proven engineering ideas to the table to reduce capital, optimize ROI, and cut schedule to streamline your project development and approval.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Do You Have a Project In Mind?
We’d love to learn more.