Our Instrumentation and Controls Team’s Strengths
Our instrument and controls team has a broad background in industrial process automation from machine control such as packaging lines to batch processes such as fermentation media preparation to large continuous processes such as ethanol distillation. Our common sense approach and field experience when combined with our process and piping expertise allow us to solve your process instrumentation and controls problems and make your project a success.
Instrumentation and Control Services
- Complete Instrument Project Engineering, Estimating and Scheduling for new installations and/or modifications of existing systems.
- Upgrading existing control systems from conventional electronic or pneumatic control to Distributed/PLC control, with minimum loss of production.
- Diagnosing, trouble-shooting and verifying fail-safe design of new and/or existing safety systems such as Flame Safety on Lime Kilns and Boilers.
- Logic & Ladder Diagrams
- Motor Elementaries
- Control Panel Layouts
- Control Room Layouts
- Instrumentation Loop Diagrams
- PLC & DCS Configuration
- Programmable Controller Field Wiring Diagrams
- Computer Room Design
- Electrical & Instrumentation Check-out & Start-up
- System Trouble Shooting
- Existing System Documentation
- Feasibility Studies
- Cost Estimating
Ready to Get Started?
Technology/Software Tools We Use
- SKM Power Tools
- Easy Power
- Revit 3D
- AutoCAD Electrical
- Beamex Calibrator and communicator
Our Instrumentation and Control Experience
By the Numbers
Our Instrumentation and Controls Engineers have a combined total of 78 years of experience and an average of 26 years of experience.
- Type of FacilityAlgae Fermentation
- ServiceDesign-Build Sevices
Fermentation Expansion Design-Build
An algae fermentation facility in Kentucky utilized AMG’s consulting services to provide complete design-build services for expansions.
The project involved many complex systems including: chiller systems, compressed air, condensate, control system SCADA/HMI, cooling towers, electrical distribution, fermentation, filtration, steam systems, sterilization and pasteurization systems.
- Type of FacilityFermentation & Extraction Facility
- ServiceDesign-Build Sevices
Algae Oil Extraction Plant
AMG was contracted to provide design-build services for the construction of an extraction facility in South Carolina that produces specialty nutrients. This large facility utilizes algae fermentation to extract DHA and ARA.
AMG provided detailed engineering and oversight for many complex systems including: centrifugation, compressed air, condensate systems, control system SCADA HMI, distillation and evaporation, power and electrical distribution, explosion venting, material handling, packaging, pneumatic conveying, solvent extraction, and steam systems.
- Type of FacilityBio-Chemical Plant
- ServiceProcurement Services
Procurement Support for Distillation Skid
AMG provided procurement and contracted fabrication services for a distillation skid system for a cutting-edge facility that uses fermentation to produce farnesene – a versatile specialty oil ingredient for a wide variety of products including fuel and cosmetics.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Do you have a project that you need help with?
With a just a few key pieces of information we can asses whether we can be of assistance in solving your problem. Please fill out the following boxes and hit the Submit button and we’ll be contact you to discuss how AMG can help.