Our Mechanical Team’s Strengths
Our team of mechanical engineers and designers leverage their “out of the box” creativity to develop and implement cost effective, intuitive, robust solutions for mechanical challenges. From calculating the pressure drop for a pneumatic convey system, to analyzing the stress in an evaporator vapor duct, we have the skill set, knowledge base, and experience to fill your mechanical needs, large or small.
Whether your project involves a failure analysis of a mechanical component, or new component design, engineering a new dust collection system or resolving problems in an existing one, evaluating the stresses in an existing steam line or designing a new one for long term, trouble free lifecycle, we offer these and more services to solve your challenges.
Mechanical Engineering Services
- Material Handling System Design
- Pneumatic Conveying (Dense, Dilute, Positive, and Negative)
- Mechanical Conveying
- Weighing, Feeding, and Blending
- Bulk Receiving and Loadout (Truck and Rail), Storage, Reclaim, Silos, Bins, etc.
- Chutes, Spouts, and Ductwork
- Utility System Design
- Boilers, Steam and Condensate Systems
- Compressed Air Systems
- Cooling Tower and Chilled Water Systems
- Vacuum Systems
- Production, Manufacturing, and Process Facility Layout
- Process Aspiration & Dust Collection System Design
- Dry and Liquid Storage and Handling Facility Design
- Industrial Building Ventilation and HVAC Design
- Mechanical Design and Analysis
- Specialty Machine and Mechanism Analysis, Design, and Improvement
- Finite Element Analysis
- Thermal Stress Analysis
- Piping Stress Analysis
- Hydraulic Power Units, Circuit and Component Specification, Analysis, and Design
Ready to Get Started?
Technology/Software Tools We Use
- AutoDesk AutoCAD® – 2D / 3D CAD Design Software
- AutoDesk AutoCAD Plant 3D® – 3D Intelligent Piping & P&ID design Software
- AutoDesk AutoCAD Inventor® – Mechanical Design & 3D Design Software
- AutoDesk Navisworks® – Project Review (3D) Simulation Software
- AutoDesk Nastran® In-CAD (formally Simulation Mechanical) – CAD Embedded Finite Element Analysis Software
- PneuCalc – Pneumatic Convey Calculation Software
- AFT Fathom
Our Mechanical Experience
By the Numbers
Our Mechanical Engineers and Designers have a combined total of 225 years of experience and an average of 17 years of experience.
- Type of FacilityIndustrial Mineral Manufacturing Plant
- ServiceMechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Design-Build Services
Calcium Carbonate Production Plant
AMG provided design-build services for a plant that grinds limestone and produces dry calcium carbonate products for the paint and plastics market.
The large facility utilizes many complex systems, including: compressed air, control system SCADA/HMI, dust collection, flash drying, mechanical conveying, motor controls, particle coating, pneumatic conveying, power distribution, and size reduction.
- Type of FacilityFermentation & Extraction Facility
- ServiceDesign-Build Services
Spray Dryer Installation
AMG provided detailed engineering, project management, and construction services for the installation of a spray dryer to a facility that utilizes algae fermentation to produce omega-3 fatty acids.
Systems involved included: chiller systems, compressed air, condensate, control system SCADA/HMI, cooling towers, electrical distribution, fermentation, filtration, steam systems, and sterilization/pasteurization systems.
- Type of FacilityCorn Wet Mill
- ServiceMechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering
Corn Milling Expansion
In support of plant expansions at a corn milling facility, AMG provided consulting and engineering for the fructose and process areas.
- Type of FacilityPlastic Materials Production Facility
- ServiceDetailed Engineering
Speciality PVC Resin Production
A manufacturer of proprietary plastics compounds used by OEMs in the automobile industry needed a new production line engineered for specialty resin. AMG provided detailed engineering plans including designs and specs encompassing plastics blending, extrusion, cooling, and more.
- Type of FacilityChemical Manufacturing Plant
- ServiceConstruction Management
Aerosol Packaging Line
A leading producer of adhesive and sealant products for construction and home repair consulted with AMG to support an upgrade to the packaging system in one of its manufacturing plants. AMG provided project management, construction management, and start-up support for an aerosol packaging line upgrade.
- Type of FacilityAmino Acid Production Facility
- ServiceConstruction Management, Detailed Engineering
Expanding Production Further
AMG provided engineering services for a $25,000,000 expansion at a facility that manufactures amino acids via bacterial fermentation using corn syrup as a feedstock. AMG’s scope encompassed detailed mechanical, structural, electrical, and piping design and engineering, as well as instrumentation specifications and construction supervision.
Relevant systems included: bulk material storage, centrifugation, chiller systems, CIP systems, compressed air, steam and condensate, cooling towers, dewatering, drying, dust collection, evaporation, explosion venting, fermentation, filtration, heat exchange systems, liquid-solid separation, material handling, mechanical conveying, membrane filtration, packaging, pneumatic conveying, power distribution, pumping systems.
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia
Featured Mechanical Engineering Case Studies
Do you have a project that you need help with?
With a just a few key pieces of information we can asses whether we can be of assistance in solving your problem. Please fill out the following boxes and hit the Submit button and we’ll be contact you to discuss how AMG can help.