Meet The Team
Alberto G. Mendez, P.E.
President and CEO
- Graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from the Instituto Polytecnico International (ESIME)
- As Director of Engineering for Modern Process Design (1973 – 1979) he established EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) standards as well as Quality Control guidelines for entire organization.
- Started AMG, Inc. in his garage in 1980.
- Licensed engineer in multiple states.
- Professional expertise in engineering management, conceptual design, mechanical design and specifications, capital cost estimating, construction coordination, operator training, equipment selection, feasibility studies, process design and optimization, process research and development.
- Pilot plant design and operation expert
Scott Feller, P.E.
Executive vp of operations
- Received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Wright State University and A.S in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Purdue University.
- Responsible for company-wide engineering standards and training and development of engineers and project managers.
- Prior to serving as Vice President of Engineering, he served in many capacities on projects ranging from structural steel detailing to mechanical design and project manager.
- Professional expertise in capital cost estimating, field coordination of contractors, structural steel detailing, mechanical design and specifications, project analysis, interdisciplinary design coordination, equipment selection and procurement, value engineering.
Vp, Executive Project Manager
- Studied Industrial Design at the University of Cincinnati and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Dayton.
- Served as AMG Design Supervisor in AMG’s early years coordinating design and quality control for projects in the corn wet milling industry.
- Performed on-site project design and construction coordination for corn wet milling, ethanol, and citric acid facilities.
- Professional expertise in cost estimating, conceptual design, equipment specifications, detailed design, troubleshooting and analysis of processing systems, construction management, and client relation.
Joe Baddour, P.E., S.E.
VP of engineering
- Received his Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Dayton (OH).
- Joe has been with AMG, Inc. since 1993.
- Managed on-site offices in Dayton, Nebraska, and Tennessee.
- Currently, Joe is responsible for the overall activities of the entire engineering staff as well as coordination of the structural design effort.
- His duties include: Coordination of structural design efforts, overseeing the approval of construction design documents, developing and reviewing project proposals, delivering capital cost estimates, managing engineering and construction schedules, and coordinating the resource assignments on all our projects.
Associate VP of project management
- Since 1997, he’s been managing projects ranging in capital from $1MM to $266MM.
- Darren has been with AMG since 1990.
- Began career as a talented structural designer and quickly gained responsibility as CAD Manager.
- Has also been instrumental in the creation of various project applications and databases, including capital cost estimating software, mechanical equipment & specifications tracking, bid package tracking, engineering change notice tracking, document control, and project budgeting software.
Alberto Mendez Jr.
VP of human resource and administration
- Alberto started with AMG Inc. in high school.
- Received his Bachelor’s in International Business from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Received his Bachelor’s in Spanish from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- In 1995-1996 he wrote AMG’s website in HTML and managed its content.
- From 1995 to 2003 he worked for the IT, Accounting and HR Departments in various capacities.
- He returned to AMG Inc. in 2007 and began working in the HR department from 2007 to 2008.
- From 2009-2011, he managed the IT department.
- In 2011, he transitioned from IT Manager to the HR manager.
- His current duties include: All functions of Human Resources Management including Benefits and 401K Administration, Payroll, Recruitment and some functions of Marketing.
- April 2015 was named VP of Human Resources and Administration.
Chief Financial officer
- Graduated from Colgate University with a BA in Environmental Geography
- From 1999 – 2001 worked in the HR Department managing the screening and hiring process and maintained employee records.
- During that time, she helped AMG develop and improve employee records and applicant tracking workflows and developed associated databases.
- From 2002 – 2003, Julie began to shift into a financial management role to help update AMG accounting & financial workflows and financial information systems.
- Until 2014, Julie served as the VP of Finance, overseeing all accounting and finance functions. During that time, AMG completed multiple software migrations to improve its cost tracking capabilities and improve workflow efficiency.
- Julie is active in strategic business planning and works closely with production management to plan and implement business targets and objectives.
- She has been the CFO since 2015.
Not sure who to talk to about your project needs?
Contact us here and we will direct you.