Meet The Team
Alberto G. Mendez, P.E.
In March of 2022, our founder and longstanding president, Alberto G. Mendez, Sr., passed away. You can read more about his legacy here.
Scott Feller, P.E.
- Received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Wright State University and A.S in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Purdue University.
- Responsible for company-wide engineering standards and training and development of engineers and project managers.
- Prior to serving as Vice President of Engineering, he served in many capacities on projects ranging from structural steel detailing to mechanical design and project manager.
- Professional expertise in capital cost estimating, field coordination of contractors, structural steel detailing, mechanical design and specifications, project analysis, interdisciplinary design coordination, equipment selection and procurement, value engineering.
VP of project management
- Since 1997, he’s been managing projects ranging in capital from $1MM to $266MM.
- Darren has been with AMG since 1990.
- Began career as a talented structural designer and quickly gained responsibility as CAD Manager.
- Has also been instrumental in the creation of various project applications and databases, including capital cost estimating software, mechanical equipment & specifications tracking, bid package tracking, engineering change notice tracking, document control, and project budgeting software.
Alberto Mendez Jr.
VP of human resource and administration
- Alberto started with AMG Inc. in high school.
- Received his Bachelor’s in International Business from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Received his Bachelor’s in Spanish from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- In 1995-1996 he wrote AMG’s website in HTML and managed its content.
- From 1995 to 2003 he worked for the IT, Accounting and HR Departments in various capacities.
- He returned to AMG Inc. in 2007 and began working in the HR department from 2007 to 2008.
- From 2009-2011, he managed the IT department.
- In 2011, he transitioned from IT Manager to the HR manager.
- His current duties include: All functions of Human Resources Management including Benefits and 401K Administration, Payroll, Recruitment and some functions of Marketing.
- April 2015 was named VP of Human Resources and Administration.
Chief Financial officer
- Graduated from Colgate University with a BA in Environmental Geography
- From 1999 – 2001 worked in the HR Department managing the screening and hiring process and maintained employee records.
- During that time, she helped AMG develop and improve employee records and applicant tracking workflows and developed associated databases.
- From 2002 – 2003, Julie began to shift into a financial management role to help update AMG accounting & financial workflows and financial information systems.
- Until 2014, Julie served as the VP of Finance, overseeing all accounting and finance functions. During that time, AMG completed multiple software migrations to improve its cost tracking capabilities and improve workflow efficiency.
- Julie is active in strategic business planning and works closely with production management to plan and implement business targets and objectives.
- She has been the CFO since 2015.
Not sure who to talk to about your project needs?
Contact us here and we will direct you.