- Solicits input from contractors during the design phase to select the best means or methods for construction
- Looks at different constructibility issues: Does it make sense to use masonry, concrete, and/or steel? How best can we utilize local construction techniques?
- Develops cost scenarios to help determine the best value
- Collaborates with the client, other consultants, & contractors to optimize the project team
- Tries to find the most economical, fastest, & best way to accomplish each task or procurement throughout the project