Makes decisions independently concerning engineering problems and methods used to resolve those problems. Represents the company in conferences to resolve questions and to plan and coordinate work. Uses advanced electrical engineering techniques, modifications, theories, precepts and practices and serves as an advisor and consultant with individuals within and outside of the company.
Directs documentation development including the creation of required plans, schedules, section and details related to the projects. Performs conceptual and preliminary electrical systems design and coordinates with Project Managers and clients. Responsible for specific project analysis and design of power distribution, grounding, lighting protection, short circuit studies and controls. Site work includes the review of the existing electrical systems, forensic engineering evaluation and repairs, construction observation and client field assistance. Project Management responsibilities include scheduling, budget moderating, specification development and editing. Supervises, coordinates and reviews the work of electrical engineers and/or designers.
Must also maintain the ability to comprehend to some degree all facets of a project including, but not limited to: structural, process and instrumentation diagrams, mechanical, piping and instrumentation drawings. To gather data and information, the Engineer will be required to climb ladders (both fixed and temporary), to go up and down stairs, and walk through the facility as required by the specific project.
- DATE NEEDED:
- Salaried, Exempt
- Dayton, Ohio
- Senior Electrical Engineer
- E&I Department
- WORK SCHEDULE:
- Full time; Travel as required.
- Required: B.S. in Electrical Engineering & P.E. Registration
- Must have working knowledge of common industrial systems and network communications and in-depth knowledge of power distribution 15kV and lower, Industrial Motor Controls, Arc Flash evaluation and mitigation, and National Electrical Code.
- Minimum 10-15 years experience, B.S Electrical Engineering & P.E Registration; Experience in Heavy Industrial Electrical Design.
- SPECIAL SKILLS:
- REQUIRED: P.E. Registration; A working knowledge of Microsoft Office products such as Word and Excel; A working knowledge of SKM software.