Project Site Safety Manager
|Design/Build contractor seeks Safety Professional to manage construction safety activities at MSHA-regulated surface mine industrial site. Project Owner places emphasis on safety on this high visibility project.|
|The Project Site Safety Manager will report to the Project Construction Manager and provide support necessary to enforce Corporate safety and health policies and procedures, MSHA regulatory requirements, and safety requirements of facility Owner. Project will require close interaction with Owner’s Safety Manager.|
- DATE NEEDED:
- NEGOTIABLE WITH EXPERIENCE
- PROJECT SITE SAFETY MANAGER
- WORK SCHEDULE:
- More than likely 50 hours per week
- Candidate with a Bachelor’s in a relevant field or professional experience equivalent.
- Candidate must possess MSHA training certification and be familiar with MSHA surface mine regulations and Part 46 training requirements. Capable of identifying known/potential exposures and recommending corrective actions. Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite programs. Strong management, leadership and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing.
- Should have multiple years’ experience in industrial construction, with a working knowledge of safety/environmental principles and techniques.
- SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Physical Demands and Work Environment include the physical ability to navigate through a construction site, potentially lifting heavy objects and dealing with high construction noise levels.