Modeler must be capable of performing 2D/3D dimensional computer aided drafting and design and assist in the preparation of all documentation, at the direction of the Department Manager, Project Manager or the client’s Project Engineer. Must maintain good communication practices with all AMG, Inc. personnel and its clients’ representatives. Must be able to demonstrate an ability to think independently.
- DATE NEEDED:
- DAYTON, OH
- 3D MODELER
- WORK SCHEDULE:
- 40 hours per week typically Monday to Friday, may have to work Saturdays and overtime. Overtime is paid for at a straight time rate. Travel as needed, typically <5%
- Position requires incumbent meet the following minimum requirements:
Associate’s degree in Engineering or Architectural Design and four years experience or a minimum of eight years of engineering experience inclusive of any education related to engineering or architectural design.
- Position requires incumbent possess the following skills:
Must be able to operate a computer drafting station for extended periods of time. Ability to develop flow diagrams, P&ID’s, facility layouts, elevations, and sections. Ability to utilize field measuring devices such as tape measures.
Must be proficient in 2D/3D design utilizing either AutoCAD® in conjunction with related Bentley or Multisteel add-on packages. Additional software skills: MS Office
- P&ID's from PFD's, including basic understanding of how standard piping and instrumentation components are typically used.
Knowledgeable and efficient in the utilization of 3D design software to produce 3D mechanical, structural and electrical models for projects under the direction of Department Manager, Project Manager or Project Engineer.
Able to produce detailed structural steel, foundation, and mechanical equipment layouts, electric conduit and cable tray routing plans, sections and details. In addition, ability to route process and utility piping and aspiration ductwork, and HVAC ductwork from a P&ID with minimal direction.
Good understanding of CAD standards, records, files, information sheets, equipment drawing handling and company/client practices.
Ability to read and comprehend civil and structural drawings.
- SPECIAL SKILLS:
- Must be able to tour client's site alone or with the client to acquire information