Alberto G. Mendez, P.E.President and CEO Contact
- Graduated as a Mechanical Engineer from the Instituto Polytecnico International (ESIME).
- As Director of Engineering for Modern Process Design (1973 - 1979) he established EPC (engineering, procurement, and construction) standards as well as Quality Control guidelines for entire organization.
- Licensed engineer in multiple states.
- Professional expertise in engineering management, conceptual design, mechanical design and specifications, capital cost estimating, construction coordination, operator training, equipment selection, feasibility studies, process design and optimization, process research and development.
- Started AMG, Inc. in his garage in 1980.
Scott Feller, P.E.Executive VP of Operations Contact
- Received his B.S. in Mechanical Engineering from Wright State University and A.S in Mechanical Engineering Technology from Purdue University.
- Responsible for company-wide engineering standards and training and development of engineers and project managers.
- Prior to serving as Vice President of Engineering, he served in many capacities on projects ranging from structural steel detailing to mechanical design and project manager.
- Professional expertise in capital cost estimating, field coordination of contractors, structural steel detailing, mechanical design and specifications, project analysis, interdisciplinary design coordination, equipment selection and procurement, value engineering.
John HaasVP of Business Development Contact
- Studied Industrial Design at the University of Cincinnati and Mechanical Engineering at the University of Dayton.
- Served as AMG Design Supervisor in AMG's early years coordinating design and quality control for projects in the corn wet milling industry.
- Performed on-site project design and construction coordination for corn wet milling, ethanol, and citric acid facilities.
- Professional expertise in cost estimating, conceptual design, equipment specifications, detailed design, troubleshooting and analysis of processing systems, construction management, and client relation.
Joe Baddour, P.E., S.E.VP of Engineering Contact
- Joe has been with AMG, Inc. for more than 22 years.
- Received his Bachelor and Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Dayton (OH).
- Managed on-site offices in Nebraska and Tennessee.
- Currently, Joe is responsible for our Structural Department.
- His duties include: Coordination of structural design efforts, overseeing the approval of construction design documents, developing and reviewing project proposals, delivering capital cost estimates, managing engineering and construction schedules, and coordinating the resource assignments on all our projects.
Jeff GauseSenior Designer/Project Manager & Innovative Manager Contact
- Received degree in Architectural Engineering Technology from ITT Technical Institute.
- In 1998, he was appointed as Project Manager for the design of a soybean processing facility.
- Since 2000, Jeff has also managed projects requiring construction and start-up support services in addition to PM services.
- Construction and on-site expertise includes cost tracking, bid evaluation, construction reporting, scheduling shutdowns, safe plan of work documentation, equipment and construction material procurement, facility operation.
- Start-up assistance expertise includes checking motor rotations, I/O checkout, instrumentation functionality, and troubleshooting system during start-up.
Donn GreeneProcess/Mechanical Manager Contact
- Received B.S. in Agricultural Engineering from the University of Georgia.
- Began early career completing facility support projects including feasibility studies, conceptual layouts, capital cost estimates, design and code compliance reviews, and contractor and bid administration.
- More than 15 years project engineering and project management experience in major capital projects with responsibility for capital cost estimates, conceptual design, facility permitting, facility layouts and process flow diagrams, piping layouts, equipment specifications and layouts, design coordination, start-up and construction support.
- Day-to-day responsibility for mechanical and process engineering design efforts of design staff.
Darren MarkinsAssociate VP Project Management Contact
- This is Darren's 23rd year at AMG.
- The last 16 years he's been managing projects ranging in capital from $1MM to $266MM.
- Began career as a talented structural designer and quickly gained responsibility as CAD Manager.
- Has also been instrumental in the creation of various project applications and databases, including capital cost estimating software, mechanical equipment & specifications tracking, bid package tracking, engineering change notice tracking, document control, and project budgeting software.
David PaustianSenior Process Engineer & Start Up / Commissioning Expert Contact
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering from the University of Iowa, Iowa City.
- Worked in the corn wet milling industry for 11 years prior to AMG.
- Begin work at AMG in 2000 as a Sr. Process Engineer/PM.
- Has been the Start-Up Manager for Design Build facilities in the neutraceuticals, pet food and corn milling industries.
- Has a broad base of unit operations experience and practical plant controls and design experience.
- Also has experience managing construction.
Carlton W. Doncaster, Jr., P.E.Senior Structural Engineer Contact
- Received Master of Science in Civil Engineering from the University of Dayton.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in several East Coast and Mid-Western States.
- Early career included employment as structural engineer for both a prestressed, precast building and bridge company and an architectural/engineering company specializing in commercial and institutional projects.
- Primary responsibility as structural engineer in charge of large and small projects.
- Professional expertise in analysis and design of new structures, building codes, steel and concrete design codes, specification writing, analysis and renovation of existing structures, quality assurance reviews, load tests, prestressed and precast concrete and technical report writing.
Marc McKinneySr. Project Manager & Mechanical Engineer Contact
- Received Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
- Began working for AMG in 1993, managing the engineering and construction for the Ethanol portion of a new 120MBPD facility for a major corn wet milling client.
- In 1996, he was appointed as a site Project Manager, Managing projects and construction coordination for an important client in the Corn Wet Milling Industry.
- Over 20 years experience in engineering and Project Management with AMG.
- Professional expertise in Facility layouts, equipment specification and procurement, bid packages, cost estimating and project schedule development.
- Have experience in coordinating overseas shipping and shipping cost estimating.
Timothy E. McCrate, P.E.Senior Structural engineer & Non-Typical Project Expert Contact
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering - University of Dayton - 1971.
- Master of Science in Civil Engineering - University of Missouri - 1973.
- Licensed in Ohio and Missouri.
- Responsible for the structural design of assigned projects and structural consultation on the conceptual design of various other projects. Responsible for most projects involving structural investigations and projects requiring mechanical/structural collaborative design efforts.
- Expertise includes designing projects in many structural materials including: structural and light gage steel, reinforced, precast and post-tensioned concrete, aluminum, stainless steel, reinforced fiberglass, reinforced masonry and light and heavy timber. Forensic engineering expertise includes the investigation of the collapse of a large elevated tank, investigating the adequacy of the design for negative pressure of a group of large, bottom-supported process tanks, vibration problems, deflection problems, and the collapse of a large diameter hot gas duct for steel furnaces.
Jerry PapaniaSr. Project Manager / Safety Coordinator Contact
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from the University of Cincinnati.
- Joined AMG as a Project Manager in 1993 following a Plant Engineering career in the Portland Cement industry where he gained extensive capital project design and construction experience.
- Jerry has managed a variety of processing and manufacturing facility capital projects including those in minerals, agricultural commodities, ethanol, and automotive industries. He has also managed projects involving the storage and distribution of bulk liquids and solids.
- Jerry serves in a dual role as AMG's Safety Coordinator and is authorized to teach the OSHA Construction Safety & Health Course.
Elie Kachouh, P.E.Regional Operations Manager & Senior Structural Engineer Contact
- Elie has been with AMG, Inc. for more than 23 years.
- Received his Bachelor’s and Master’s Degrees in Civil Engineering from the University of Dayton, Ohio.
- Licensed in Ohio, Nebraska, and several other states.
- Has served as the Omaha Office Structural Department Manager in the late ‘90s and early 2000s and as a Senior Structural Engineer at AMG’s headquarters in the mid to late 2000s.
- Has served as Regional Operations Manager at AMG’s Omaha office since 2009.
- His duties include: Overall project planning and scheduling, writing project proposals, preparing capital cost estimates, project management, performing structural design calculations, developing construction documents, performing quality assurance reviews of calculations and construction documents, and coordinating with vendors and contractors.
- Structural Engineer-of Record on heavy industrial structures.
- Mentors newly hired structural engineers.
Ed CamachoProject Manager Contact
- Ed has been with AMG, Inc. for more than 26 years.
- Began career with AMG as a CAD Designer.
- From 2000 – 2005, Ed served as one of our Lead Designers.
- Has served as Project Manager since 2005.
- As PM, Ed manages all processes for mechanical, structural and electrical engineering and design.
- Specific duties include: Development of engineering and construction schedules, project staffing, capital cost estimates, budget and schedule monitoring, and layout development.
Alberto Mendez Jr.VP of Human Resources and Administration Contact
- Alberto started with AMG Inc. in high school.
- Received his Bachelor’s in International Business from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- Received his Bachelor’s in Spanish from Ohio Wesleyan University.
- In 1995-1996 he wrote AMG’s website in HTML and managed its content.
- From 1995 to 2003 he worked for the IT, Accounting and HR Departments in various capacities.
- He returned to AMG Inc. in 2007 and began working in the HR department from 2007 to 2008.
- From 2009-2011, he managed the IT department.
- In 2011 he transitioned from IT Manager to the HR manager.
- His current duties include: All functions of Human Resources Management including Benefits and 401K Administration, Payroll, Recruitment and some functions of Marketing.
- April 2015 was named VP of Human Resources and Administration.
Julie DavisChief Financial Officer Contact
- Graduated from Colgate University with a BA in Environmental Geography
- From 1999 - 2001 worked in the HR Department managing the screening and hiring process and maintained employee records.
- During that time, she helped AMG develop and improve employee records and applicant tracking workflows and developed associated databases.
- From 2002 - 2003, Julie began to shift into a financial management role to help update AMG accounting & financial workflows and financial information systems.
- Until 2014, Julie served as the VP of Finance, overseeing all accounting and finance functions. During that time, AMG completed multiple software migrations to improve its cost tracking capabilities and improve workflow efficiency.
- Julie is active in strategic business planning and works closely with production management to plan and implement business targets and objectives.
- In 2015, Julie was named Chief Financial Officer